Accountant (Inventory and Cost)
Salary: $60k – $72k CAD (Depending on relevant experience) + Benefits
Location: North York, Ontario Canada
Office based: Mon-Fri: Permanent / Full time
Remarkable Jobs are assisting in recruiting of an experienced ‘Inventory and Cost Accountant‘ to join a large North American organisation.
This Accountant position will be directly supporting, and reporting to the Financial Controller.
Accountant (Inventory and Cost) Education:
- Post-Secondary degree in Accounting, Finance related work experience
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) required
- 3-5 years demonstrated knowledge and experience performing full cycle accounting (AP/AR/GL)
- Working knowledge of cloud accounting software, such as QuickBooks Online is required
- Deep manufacturing and cost/inventory accounting knowledge, based on industry
- ERP expertise to support FileMaker to IFS transition
- Strong excel skills
We are hoping to engage with candidates that have robust, commercial experience to support the Financial Controller (VP Finance) and the CFO in:
- Creating and maintaining accounting policies and procedures
- Assisting in the design, implementation, testing and training of ERP and other finance related systems for transaction processing
While also managing the following key areas:
- Supervise the financial analyst to ensure daily tasks are carried out accurately and on time
- Independently process all aspects of the accounting cycle
- Manage monthly and year-end closing of financial records
- Post month end journal entries including accruals, monthly depreciations and amortization, and other information to ensure the accuracy of financial statements
- Perform reconciliations
- Review and reconcile various accounts, including inter-company sales and purchase transactions accurately and on time
- Purchase costing analysis and finished goods inventory accounting in manufacturing control process
- Capital projects including reporting, tracking and reconciliation to the annual capital budget
- Monitor cost centers expenditure in the financial accounting
- Balance sheets, reconciliations, including foreign exchange posting etc.
- Sales taxes (local & oversea tax) and corporation tax compliance
- Month ended closing process, including accruals, prepayments etc.
- Manage insurance and lease renewals
- Automate controls and processes where benefits outweigh costs
This is a great opportunity to join an established, global organisation who are experiencing significant growth.
For immediate consideration please apply today, including your CV.
All interviews will take place by video calls.