Permanent / Full-time
Location: North York, Ontario, Canada
Salary circa $75k – $90k CAD – Depending on relevant experience + Benefits
Remarkable Jobs are assisting a Chief Financial Officer of a large manufacturing organisation, in attracting a qualified accountant who will provide accounting support, specifically to internal project teams, with limited supervision. This role does not currently have any direct reports.
This ‘Project Accountant’ would ideally have completed a similar role, or certainly have completed special accounting projects within a large organisation, or a stand-alone role.
This ‘Project Accountant’ role would coordinate with project teams, monitor, control and analyse project financial data, while also reviewing and valuating some further acquisition opportunities.
Project Accountant Key responsibilities:
- Work closely with Project Directors and Project Managers to monitor and control all project-related financial data for an assigned portfolio of projects
- Monitor project progress towards completion and assist Project Directors and Project Managers with the financial analysis of projects
- Assists in the determination of project work breakdown structure and alignment of budget
- Reviews and processes project invoices in accordance with the contract terms verifying contractors’ requests for progress payments, the release of holdbacks, final payments, back charges, and liquidated damages
- Prepare project summaries and analyses as required
- Analyze and verify consistency, completeness, and accuracy of project data including but not limited to commitments, incurred costs, accruals, and budgets
- Review and screen merger and acquisition opportunities for the Senior Leadership Team
- Valuate and analyze business case, transaction structuring, and due diligence management
Project Accountant skills, education and experience requirements will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a similar degree or related work experience
- Accounting designation (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) courses equivalent to level 2
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated knowledge and experience in finance or accounting
- Specific experience of working on accounting for project teams within a large organisation (desirable)
- Exposed to analysing and validating a merger/acquisition (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with particular attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop and implement solutions
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to proactively identify and resolve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others, foster teamwork and create a collaborative work environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong planning skills
For immediate consideration please apply today. All interviews will be conducted via video calls.